Ok, so we all heard about the new changes Facebook will be making on their news feed.
“One of our big focus areas for 2018 is making sure the time we all spend on Facebook is time well spent.
We built Facebook to help people stay connected and bring us closer together with the people that matter to us. That’s why we’ve always put friends and family at the core of the experience. Research shows that strengthening our relationships improves our well-being and happiness.”
What does that exactly mean?
- Facebook will prioritize posts that spark conversations and meaningful interactions between people
- Facebook will show more pictures, videos and posts from your friends rather than public content
- Publishers and brands won’t be a priority
- Publishers and brand pages will be shown if the customer engages with that brand or publisher
This may sound bad for businesses and marketers, however we just need a different strategy. SEO changes all the time and a good SEO expert will learn new techniques and strategies. Same thing goes for marketers.
So if Facebook is telling us that they will prioritize posts that are interactive, well there is our strategy! Here is some new marketing strategies for the new Facebook newsfeed.
Here are some quick ideas to market on Facebook:
- Share your business posts on your personal page
- Sell yourself: make your business posts more personal. Example: Hi, this is Joe from Financial Investments, guess what I saw..
- Make engaging posts. Ask for people opinions, even if it’s just fun. People love to give opinions.
- Post live videos. Make sure you announce when you are going live beforehand.
- Have events and post events.
- Make a group. People will see posts in a group. Make sure you ask or invite people, do not just add them. Have a purpose for your group related to your business.
- Join a community page. Post your business stuff on there. Make sure you follow the rules and don’t over post or spam.
You are basically going to be making your business page like a community page. For example: if your business is a restaurant:
-Share some fun recipes
-show pictures of some events held at the restaurant.
-Ask people what your next featured dessert should be
-Have a contest in while people have to post their video on your page
-Have a group where people can share fun recipes
Be creative, think outside the box. Be responsive when people comment. Have fun! Basically, if you have been relying only on Facebook ads, you will have to market differently. Use Facebook to build relationships in your community. And honestly, as a small business, that is exactly what you want anyhow. And it’s free!
As the new news feed unfolds, we will continue to share our new tips. Stay tuned! In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us 🙂
Let’s see your business grow!